Mold Testing CT
As we learn more and more about mold and its effect on your household health, it’s important to know that great strides have been made. According to AIHA, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Institute of Medicine of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, the World Health Organization and Health Canada all agree that living or working in a building with mold damage results in increased risk of respiratory disease.
While this should come as no surprise to us, given the amount of press mold testing has received over the years, it doesn’t mean we should take their findings for granted either. The more we know about mold, the more we’ll be able to prevent it from doing us harm.
First of all, mold is classified as a fungus, not a plant as one might assume. This is a commonly held misconception and an important clarification to make. Plants contain chlorophyll is used to absorb sunlight while fungus grows best in the dark.
Molds are produced are through spores. The type of spore indicates what type of mold it is and in turn how toxic it might be to our overall health. Not all mold is dangerous either. Many fungi can have benign affects on our well-being.
Healthy Dwellings uses various approaches to assess your home and test for mold. For for immediate results, Healthy Dwellings uses the latest technology, infrared thermal imaging and microscopes to analyze samples on site. The quicker we identify the problem, the quicker we move towards resolving the problem.
To learn more about our process and how Healthy Dwellings can help test for mold in your household, please fill out the contact form below. When we receive your inquiry we will respond in 24-48 hours to set up an appointment.